Starlings After School Club
To contact the After School Club staff please call 07709 888185 during club hours. For any other enquiries please contact the school on 01934 623430
Starlings After School Club is also based in our Learning Zone and has been set up to provide childcare after school for the pupils of Kewstoke Primary School.
The Club is open from 3.15pm to 5.30pm Monday to Friday during term time. We are able to take children from the age of 3 up to 11 years.
We are flexible to meet your needs:
- Bookings can be on a regular or on an ad hoc basis;
- Children can attend any number of days a week from 3.15pm.
Children attending the later sessions at the After School Club will be offered a snack.
The cost of the club is as follows:
3.15pm to 4.00pm – no snack included £3.00
4.00pm to 5.30pm (attending after extra-curricular club) – snack included £7.50
3.15pm to 5.30pm (full session) – snack included £9.00
Parents/Carers will be charged a late pick up fee of £10 for each 5 minutes after 5.30pm from 7th May 2019)
Payments can be made via ParentPay.
Childcare vouchers are accepted. We are currently registered with both KiddiVouchers and Edenred. For Edenred please quote reference P21159071. Let the school office know if your employer uses another childcare voucher provider so that they can be registered with the school. You may be eligible for Tax Free childcare, please contact us for more information.
The After School Club Aims:
- to support working parents by providing a high quality service which meets the needs of both parents/carers and children;
- to provide a reliable, safe, supportive and welcoming environment where children can play, have fun, relax and be with friends;
- peace of mind for parents/carers, knowing that your child is safe and happy in a club that is reliable and offers a consistent service.
The After School Club will:
- provide the highest possible standard of care in secure and supportive surroundings;
- create an environment where children can relax after the school day, we want them to feel comfortable and happy;
- encourage children to join in a variety of activities and play;
- create opportunities to support learning (by helping with homework and reading);
- employ caring and qualified supervisory staff.
There is one After School Club Leader who has an enhanced DBS (safeguarding check), is a first aider and has a certificate in food hygiene.
The Club starts at 3.15pm. All children booked into the Club come to a meeting point in the Learning Zone. Children from the Reception Class will be collected from their classroom and taken to the Learning Zone. Once at the Club the register is taken and the children have a chance to settle down, relax and have a drink. Weather permitting they can play in the outside area or with an activity inside. At around 4.00pm to 4.15pm the children will have their snack followed by a planned activity.
Only people authorised by the parents/carers on your child’s registration form are allowed to collect your child, unless staff are informed otherwise. All children should be collected by 5.30pm. If you are running a little late please let us know. Parents/Carers will be charged a late pick up fee of £10 for each 5 minutes after 5.30pm.
Numbers are limited to ensure a safe adult : child ratio, so please ensure that you book your child’s place in advance.
To book a place for your child in the After School Club please fill out booking and registration forms or speak to the school office. You can email your booking forms to email@example.com.